Tuesday, October 18, 2011

September 25th, 2011

It has been a busy couple of weeks! Addie is thoroughly enjoying school. As soon as I tell her it's time to get ready for school, she high tails it for her bedroom and is so excited to get dressed and get her shoes and socks on.

She also started Hippotherapy and is absolutely in love with it. On her first time the therapists had her riding forward, side saddle both ways, and reverse! The drive home from the stable is about 20 minutes, and I got a play by play the whole way home. I think I got just as much from it as she did! My Uncle Gene has horses, and so she has been on a horse twice before, but was either with me or my Uncle...so to see her up there on her own was so awesome!


Adoption:
Since my last post, we had a very successful Flapjack Fundraiser at the Galseburg, IL Applebees. We are so humbled and blessed by all the support of everyone. We raised about $1400!! Praise God!

Last Thursday we were to be getting the official referral of Sister. However, several weeks ago, the social worker in Ecuador that reviews the family documents prior to assignment had requested some more documents to supplement what was already in our home study and reference letters. The social worker wants to ensure that we are capable to parent two children with Down syndrome. The first letter requested was a letter about family support, respite services, etc and the second letter was about the functioning and level of care for Addie. Of course, the second letter didn't get to Ecuador on time with a fed ex delay....so tomorrow afternoon our agency rep in Ecuador is meeting with the social worker to review our documents. PLEASE PRAY! If this meeting goes well and the social worker approves everything, then we could get our assignment very soon!

I know that they are just trying to be cautious...a couple of years ago a case involving a child with special needs to not go well and the child was removed from the home...so I guess they are covering all grounds....I just wish I could show them the hundreds of families that live here in the states that enjoy and love and thrive in their families of multiple children with Down syndrome. Sister is already part of our family and I just pray that God continues to keep these doors open and gets us past this bump in the road. I can't help but think of the families that have been denied their adoption of kids with Down syndrome for various reasons...having faith..

A huge praise last Thursday is that one of the families that we are walking this journey with did get their assignment. I am so happy for them and pray that even though we have not be assigned, we could still end up traveling about the same time.

The second family that we are walking this road with are to be assigned this Thursday...hopefully, but we also thought they could be assigned the last three Thursdays...so praying for them as well.

Joshua Tree has submitted all the new policies and procedures to the accreditation committee...those items were reviewed on Friday and prayerfully we hope to hear tomorrow that their suspension has been lifted.

I am really praying this week will go as we hope it could. This last week was a very rough one. Between the stress of the adoption ups and downs a friend suddenly lost their three year old daughter. I attended the visitation this afternoon and it was very difficult. There are so many things I know we will not understand this side of heaven, but I sure wish I did. If you think of it, please pray for the VanZee family..the coming weeks will be difficult, but I know that God will carrying them through it.

I am so thankful to be back in a Bible study this fall with a group of women I adore. Shalane and Sheralee are wonderful leaders and have challenged us to be more active with memorizing scripture. I am so excited to see the impact that this will have on all of us!

Until next time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment