Friday, December 16, 2011

Ecuador Day 11

Thursday Dec. 15

Today John wanted to take us to the fruit and vegetable market, and there continues to be issues with Zac and logging in to work..so he got to go to! John picked us up at 9:00...it was awesome. So many fresh and locally grown fruits and vegetables! Zac was absolutely in love and so was I. Adriana continues to only be impressed when there are dogs around....and there were plenty asking for hand outs from the vendors. =) We bought the following items for less than $10....why can’t it be this cheap in the states! It’s not expensive to eat healthy here!

After the market John drove us downtown Cuenca by the Cathedrals and John pointed out some of the other markets that he thought we needed to make sure we go to...there is also a ton of museums as well....so we’re compiling a list. =)

We got back home in time for lunch and to wait for Priscilla to come, but Xavier, the manager here, came up and let us know that Priscilla called and she couldn’t make it today so she would come tomorrow...it is so very easy to read into things....is there a problem? why didn’t she come? will court still be next week? Again, so easy to start stressing and worrying about things...but we just have to continue to keep our trust and faith in the Lord and let Him guide us on this incredible journey.

I was pretty bummed that Priscilla wasn't coming, so after Adriana woke up from her nap...we need to get some grocery's so we headed out to downtown Cuenca first to visit the hippie market...it's the place where you can get jewelry and some neat bags and purses....didn't purchase anything, but very fun to look!  I tried to navigate us to the Artisan market on foot...but we kept going to the wrong place...it was starting to get dark so we decided we better get to the Supermaxi and get home...we got grocery's and grabbed a pizza at the place we had pizza the very first night...I had been craving pizza and my wonderful hubby suggested we have pizza to help us all feel better...and Adriana ate just about as much pizza as I did!

I continue to get homesick at night...we miss Addie so much...and I just thank God everyday for how well she is doing...we got to witness her reaction that she has every morning when Catherine, the lady that is caring for her while mom is at work, arrives...she literally screams, runs for the door to open it and says Catherine! Catherine! When we are talking to her on Skype, we become chop liver and off Catherine and Addie go to play. Addie’s teacher from preschool had sent some work with us for her to do...and Catherine and mom have been making sure she is doing it. Her speech is amazing me...saying 3 and 4 words phrases, but my most favorite has to be that she can now say “I love you” clear. as day. So blessed.

Adriana is attached to my hip....and it is starting to catch up with me a bit...nothing terrible, but Zac and I made a plan tonight so that tomorrow I can have an hour or so during the day to take a break and go read or do something alone...so blessed to have an amazing husband! Most days, I love how much Adriana wants to be with me...she always wants to help...she helps me put my shoes on, when I dry my hair in the morning, she has to do hers as well...when I put my belt on, she has to help me...when I wash dishes, she helps dry...and if I go do something while she is coloring or something...she'll pat the seat next to her to get me to come sit.  So blessed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment